Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Day After Valentine's

Sorry my extended abscence; my computer blew up and deleted lots of important stuff. And no one likes having to spend time sitting at the Mac Store.

But now I'm back! And I hope everyone had a fantastic St. Valentine's Day.

On that note of 'romance', Assemblyman Calderon (who wants to become speaker) tried to woo the female members of the Dem caucus with long-stemmed roses.

“If I can’t have your heart, I’ll settle for your vote,” said the note accompanying the flowers. “Please be mine, Chuck Calderon.”

What, no flowers for the men?

---

News items to make up for your lack of me for the last week:

People are protesting a plan to allow Mexican truck drivers to come through the US and US truck drivers to go through Mexico. They're calling it a 'sham'. Doesn't a sham mean you have to be pretending to do something else?

Students are protesting higher fees on campus again. The problem with crying wolf all those times before though, is now there really is a wolf...

He recently took on a third job and stresses out about his living expenses and the cost of parking on campus.

Parking? How do they always find the most ridiculous people to profile?

And today the legislature is voting on passing all those massive budget cuts we've been hearing about.

No comments: